The EU Sustainable Energy Week (EUSEW) is the biggest annual event dedicated to renewables and efficient energy use in Europe. The policy session, organised by PA2 and REKK, has been included in the Extended Programme of EUSEW 2022.
The session, titled “How to accelerate natural gas phase-out in Central Eastern Europe” discussed the challenges and policy options that are critical to achieving greater energy independence for the region.
The speakers of the session and panel discussion were:
- Annamaria Nádor, Coordinator of the Sustainable Energy Priority Area (PA2) of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region
- Borbála Tóth, Senior Research Associate at REKK
- Georg Zachmann, Senior Fellow at Bruegel
- Christian Egenhofer, Associate Senior Research Fellow, Central European Policy Studies (CEPS)
- Andreas Graf, Senior Associate EU Energy Policy at Agora Energiewende
- Hrvoje Krapanić, Senior Manager Environment Research Centre CEE at Daikin Croatia
- Tamás Medgyes, Chief Operations Officer at Szeged District Heating (SZETÁV).
The summary of the event can be downloaded here: